Monday, December 12, 2011

How to change spark plugs on a kawasaki ninja 600?

take out old plugs,install new ones.....jeezHow to change spark plugs on a kawasaki ninja 600?
Technically the first guy is right but I am sure your problem is accessing them. You will have to take the front fairings off and go ahead and remove the front wheel cover plastic as well. Then take the radiator off but leave all the plumping hooked up and just use wire to hang the thing off to the side out of the way. Now you should be able to access them but I am not sure about the ninjas or even what year bike you have if the fuel rail is in the way remove it too but be sure to hook the thing back up the same way you took it off and do not forget the wiring harness, I did that once when changing a cam chain tensioner and the fi light came on and gave me quite a scare thinking I broke the bike.



Do yourself a favor if you bike is newer and is fuel injected, get your plugs from a dealer or at least quality iridium (spelling is probably off on that one) since they will actually last more than one season and will save you all of the trouble of dong this work over and over again. Some people say these plugs will outlast the bike, I doubt that but they do last at least 6 seasons and counting on my old f4i.

No comments:

Post a Comment