Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I change spark plugs on my own?

Three days ago, I spent 600 dollars on my car. I was told that I should change the spark plugs but after spending all that money, I can't afford to have them done at the shop. Whether it matters or not, I am female and know a handful of things and how to fix them but this is over my head. I know it's possible, I just don't know how to do it. I would appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks.How do I change spark plugs on my own?
You can get your plugs pre-gapped, like some double platinums. They are a bit more expensive, but make the job easier.



Any auto parts store employee will show you how to use a gapper, or just watch this:





http://tinyurl.com/lqfbd3How do I change spark plugs on my own?
your right might have cost you 20 bucks if you had done it yourself really most car repairs are easy just knowing what is bad the hard part but its all nuts and bolts my wife does most of hers own work tune ups brake jobs easy to learn just type into search box

how to replace spark plugs

how to replace spark plugs video



tips i can give is do one plug at a time never remove more than one plug wire at a time and gap your plug which is how wide spark gap is which is gap on end of plugs they come pre set but stil need to check them really easy stuff tune up oil changes brakes shocks with a little more info you can do much more





how to change spark plugs



how to tune up car



Do It Yourself Auto Repair
yes, you need to calibrate the spark plug. If you dont know the gap that is required, check on your hood, on the stickers, it would on one of those stickers.

if you haven't bought them, ask if they are all ready calibrated, if you already bought them then check on the box if they say if they are calibrated or not.

if you don't have a calibrating tool then go to an autozone, they ussualy cost around a dollar.
Pop the cap off the spark plug, unscrew the plug with a socket wrench, put the new one in, pop the cap back on and repeat.
with great difficulty

No comments:

Post a Comment