Monday, December 12, 2011

How to Change Spark Plugs on a 1993 Toyota Camry 4Cylinder?

I wanted to know how to change Spark Plugs on my 1993 Toyota Camry 4 Cylinder..I have been having problems with the Air conditoner..When i dont have the Ac on the car runs great but when I turn the Ac on the car shakes at stops and when I reverse the car stalls when the Ac is on Full Power..I have already cleaned the throttle out and I think it might be the spark plugs but I am not sure..Please Help me if you can..Thank you!How to Change Spark Plugs on a 1993 Toyota Camry 4Cylinder?
Ever heard of an IAC (Idle Air Control valve)? This is on the throttle body and it it what opens the throttle slightly when your AC is turned on to adjust for the power used by it. Replace this and your problem is solved. You should replace the plugs anyways if you haven't in the last 60k miles or so. For that, you need a ratchet, socket (probably 5/8 spark plug socket) and an extension. Replace them 1 at a time and replace the wires as well. Then replace your cap and rotor, making sure you put the wires on the right places on the cap. Pick up a Hayne's repair manual just in case. If you lose your place on where the wires go, it will help you figure out how to route them. You don't want to mix them up.How to Change Spark Plugs on a 1993 Toyota Camry 4Cylinder?
this is just a guess, but i would say pull the spark wires, only do 1 at a time, then pull the spark plug out, put new plug in, replace wire, move on to next spark plug, be sure not to crossthread any spark plug, and do when the motor is cold, not hot
  • excel
  • Where to buy a certain duvet cover
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment