Friday, November 19, 2010

I am trying to change the spark plugs on my 2006 Kia Sorento. I cannot find the spark plugs...can anyone help?

I know how to change the pluG I just can't find them.... Has anyone done this themselves? The dealer wants $400 to do it!!! PLEASE HELP ME!I am trying to change the spark plugs on my 2006 Kia Sorento. I cannot find the spark plugs...can anyone help?
fist off, take the big plastic cover off so you can see the bare motor. sometimes that piece can be intimidating so start with that. alof ot the newer cars have coil packs instead of the usual spark plug wires, they are usually black or gray. you should have six of them. 3 on the right and 3 on the left on top of the head, or on the side of it. sometimes they might have a bolt holding it on. take those off and remove the coil packs. they should be right there. book says 3 hours to do it, so i figured the dealers price is about right. good luck to you

No comments:

Post a Comment