Friday, November 19, 2010

How do I change the spark plugs on the passenger side of 2003 V6 Mustang?

I have a 2003 V6 Mustang and the plugs need to be changed. The plugs on the drivers side seem very easy to get to, but the passenger side ones are all covered with engine crap. Are they accessible from under the vehicle? Can someone point me to a forum or instructions that show how to do this on my specific vehicle?How do I change the spark plugs on the passenger side of 2003 V6 Mustang?
you basically gotta reach around to get at them. or just jack up the car, take off the passenger wheel and use some long extensions with a universal or two to get at them from inside the wheel well area.How do I change the spark plugs on the passenger side of 2003 V6 Mustang?
Basically to get to it from the top you need to remove the induction tube (and super/turbo charger if you have one) disconnect the fuel lines into the engine and remove the entire throttle body and move aside the fuel rails to gain access to the ignition coils and remove the plugs, its also a good idea to unhook the battery to prevent shock when removing the plugs and fiddling the engine like this. I've never replaced the spark plugs on my mustang by removing the tire because you would still need to remove the fuel rail to get to the plugs, you might be able to but I've never seen it.

No comments:

Post a Comment